Sunday, November 04, 2007

"BACK IN MY HEAD"

After an extended break from writing, and a really bad case of spelling. I return to you, my two blog readers..heh.

I refuse to recap what I've been up to at this point, just going on the knowledge that it's more of the same, although I do admit that I am less then I once was.

I am in preparation for the upcoming PF Changs 2008 Marathon. I admit, I haven't been training like I believe that I should. My longest run so far has consisted of 13.1 miles, with an average rate of 25-30 miles per week. My pace has dropped down to about 9:00 minute miles, my happy place.

I can push harder, but I choose not to. heh. I admit, I'm being lazy.

I've developed a relaxed approach to my running after the San Diego marathon this past summer. I think I kinda burnt myself out for a second.

After a late awakening turned a half-marathon into a 20K opportunity, I found myself running in an environment that felt like home. It was a small race, in a beautiful setting, with varied hills and a great pace time. I felt back in my head after that.

I was in "God's Country" aka the San Carlos Apache Rez, where I grew up a couple of weeks ago, running up a dirt path that shi'ta and I used to run back in the day. I pushed that sucker out with no ears, no garmin, no road, and cleansing deep breathes. I felt at peace again. I felt at peace with myself. After all the noise, all th gadgets, all the junk that runners now have, I was stripped back down to where and how I had all began. Me, a dirt road, and the squish of my shoes on my homeland. I was reborn and recharged.

I begin this journey again to share what I can and decide to share. Give me patience while I find my writer's feet....

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the runs on the rez. They really do make me feel like time has reversed and I'm back in high school again with no care in the world but to get into college with good grades. It was simple and runs like that always meant no headphones--simply because I was a little too impoverished to get them.

Now I'm spoiled with my expensive running shoes and my ipod shuffle but i would trade them in in a heart beat for a quiet run on the rez with a good running rez dog at my heels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home