Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Roll them bones!"

I had taken 7 days out of my workout life to recuperate and recover.

My old bones were feeling the effects of my 31 years. heh. In the morning, my knees would creak and protest the mornings first steps, my right foot still has a weird bump near my arch, my back (as usual) has been aching even worse, and my shoulders have been feeling aches and I believe I wretched my sockets so it hurt to even lift my arm.

I was a mess.

It was so weird because it would hurt to even walk after sitting for a bit, my knees would be so sore and hurt and ache so bad! It was to the point where I even took aspirin, and I never take medicine if I can help it.

I was reminded that I had just finished my second marathon in a year less than 3 weeks ago, but being the Superwoman that I am, I think thats not an excuse! But, I have to remind myself that I am not superwoman..or in my case, superwoman in lowercase..heh. I am a regular woman who is succeptible to pains, overworking my body, and being tired.

Hence, my 7 day vacation from working out. I did however walk, though I do not really count that as working out, though it is, but just not in my warped psycho mind.

Since being back in the mix, I have taken to not just running, but trying to incorporate other aspects into my regime. I have worked out an hour for the past two out of three days, 35 minutes running, 20 minutes on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the rowing machine. I would like to lift some free weights, but as my shoulder is still a bit achy and sore, I do not want to push it and end up with a jacked up shoulder for another week. I like the variety, though of course, I can never truly let go of the 'run". I am now also making myself stretch before and after for at least 5 minutes each. Something I was sorely lacking and of course, led to my breakdown.

On our 4th of July va-ca to Vegas, we swam everyday. This is another thing that I wish to incorporate into my workouts. I love the water! However, I am so not a good swimmer. As D says, my upper body starts out strait, then my lower half slowly slips down lower and lower. I also tend to get panicky in water that is higher than me, but it is something that i can overcome and a nice new challenge, which I love.

On a good note, last year SRPMIC sponsered a young woman from the rez to take part in the Ironman here in Az. It was the first year that they had done so with the help of other sponsers. They paid the entrance fee, supplied the wetsuit, the bike, the bike clothes, the shoes, the supplements, basically everything you need to do the damn thing! Anywho, the husband of the young woman who received the award came to me and asked if I would be interested in being this year's recipient!!! I guess they were give the task of picking a woman from the rez to receive the award and they thought of me!! I was so honored!! However, I had to decline. I know the Ironman is no joke, and in no way shape or form am I even close to being ready to do this humongous thing!! I am in a good place now with balencing my workouts, my family, work and part-time school, and of course my friends, and training for the Ironman would be like having a second job! I told them thank you for even thinking of me and that I was very honored but I would have to decline, but to keep my in mind in two years!!

Its good to feel like the discipline I place in my life with regards to being healthy and in shape is noticed by others. It makes me feel good that other people believe in me enough to know that with something as big as the Ironman, they believe in me that I would finish.

Ironman, you tease!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home