Sunday, March 04, 2007

ADD stream of conciousness

Today I should be studying for my first accounting exam Monday, but instead I find myself reading a brand new library book, stalking people on myspace (heh such fun), and drinking Coke Zero. No church today though I should go, just found myself being a lazy bootie, listless with all the things stacked up that I need to do.

Instead, here I am, going back and forth between nibbling on grilled chicken, laying down on the couch, throwing away one article of trash each 1/4 hour and subsequently working myself up by a thought put back into my head by d-man about where said trash will be eventually put when we have no more places to put trash. On and on..yes this is like a slice of my brain. I go and branch off, get distracted, do something else, get refocused on what I was originally doing, then do something totally random like printing out one of several thousand pictures that I need to clear off my photo card. Blah

I think at times I may have ADD. My mind is constantly going..maybe today is a result of brain burnout. I feel physically worn out. My legs are sore in that oh so good way, you know, when its deliciously painful like when you get an itch that you scratch till you bleed cause if feels so good to keep scratching even though you know you shouldn't? ....i move and my body loves the movements little pains. Probably a result of our 10-miler that my sure goot running bro and I pushed ourselves too. Well I did, she was kicking some ass. I feel the stress of running the 10 against the wind and with a jacked up garmin. It was kinda cool as there was a "Heartwalk" going on at the lake so our usual parking spots were blocked off. We meet up at out favorite porta-john where a weird thing happened.

I don't know about you, but I'm the type of person who looks down before I sit down, if you know what I'm saying. heh. So, there I was, about to do my pre-running necessary ritual, when there glistening below me, was a messenger bag, piles of computer discs, and somoenes steamy remains. gross I know, but also really weird. I felt like I had stepped onto a crime scene. I backtracked out of there and told my bro about it, right as we were making our way back to it, the cleaner porta-jon dudes where dumping out the stuff. So, I don't know what that was all about,,,but it left a bad taste in my gut. Figuratively not literally.

Anywho, we ran and talked, ran some more. Slowed down due to my jacked up garming and lost precious minutes toward our stellar time, so we ended up running 10 miles in I believe 1:55? I have to text to see if I got the correct time. Not too shabby, but I was disappointed as I am super scary competitive and I beat myself down even when I really shouldn't. It was an easy long run, but I of course need to break a certain time. I suck.

Anywho, looks like a no go on the Shiprock 1/2 Marathon, my Lil Man's birthday is that Wednesday before the race, and his birthday party could only be on that Saturday of the race. So sad, I would love to compete among the Natives up north and see how my 1/2 O'odham/Apache bootie would stack up. Yes, super competitive I told you.

So, I need to take a shower and get ready for the Suns Vs. Lakers game that we so luckily are able to attend. I can't wait for my super mega pretzel and diet coke. Oh yea, and the game..LOL.

Peace....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home