Tuesday, February 13, 2007

slowness for the masses...

Just so peeps think I haven't been running.

You are slighty right..heh.

After the aftermath of the Marathon, I have sloooweeeed my bootie way down.

I have been averaging about 22 miles per week, down from the 35-40 miles per week training schedule I had for Pf Changs. I also run a lot slower. I average about 9 min/miles or slower.

Its nice to be kinda loose with my running, not so rigid with a schedule or keeping a tight pace. I find that now, I love running outside. The gorgeous weather, the wind in my face, the clean smell of the earth, and the soft squishy dirt at my toes.

I'm so strange at times because I fluctuate between loving the treadmill and loving the outdoors. I go back and forth in thinking that one is easier than the other. I am at a place where I feel the ease of the outdoors, but ask me that again when it gets to be 90 degrees at 5 a.m.

I am also at a place where running is easiest done in the early morning. I find myself waking up at 5 A.M., drinking strawberry-kiwi Propel, adjusting the running tights, and finding out where I'm feeling the earth. I usually run about 5 miles or less. Once in a great while I do six during the week. I would strive to run longer, however I need to limit my milege in order to make it home in time for D-man to go to work at 7 a.m. I love running in the morning right now, in a month, maybe not. Its just easier for me as it frees me up in the afternoons to spend time with my family and friends. Who doesn't love that? On top of all that goodness, it gives me a boost and good feeling all day. I feel like I did good for myself..ya know?

On the weekends, I have found a kik bootie running buddy who motivates me to run long on Saturdays. We have no real objective other than to run and finish whatever milegage we decided to do. We run and talk, and talk and talk. Heh. I have never had a running bro before..I usually love to run solo. So, in the beginning I was apprehensive about a running buddy. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised to find myself enjoying talking while running. Its hard to run and talk, but we are running at a slower pace which I know I need to do, but it makes the run go by even quicker. Its working out, and maybe soon we can add more runners to the mix for a run around Tempe Town Lake??....

Anywho, I am at a good place with my running. Not pushing myself to be Olympian Dre anymore..but more like back to the running that is soft and not so rigid. I run however far I want to, with a quick glance at my wrist and I speed up or slow down as my body tells me.

My heel is feelng no pain. I believe the relaxed runs have helped a great deal.

Like this morning, after a night of forced work after an employee flaked out at work, I awoke at 5 am. feeling the need for a run. Dressed in my tights, long sleeved tee, bandana and trusty Nikes, I was out the door in the drizzle darkness. I ran back inside thinking I would just wait for a bit, and then I thought, "since when am I a delicate flower?" lol.

So I grabbed my beloved SKIN hoody and made it to the track. I Loved the feel of wetness on my face and splish of my shoes hitting the ground. I ran 5 miles in the drizzle.

I love my running life right now.

1 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger ! said...

The weather is great right now..it's not too cold and it ain't killer hot. I love it too!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home