Tuesday, January 23, 2007

flabby but kickin..

I am so sore.

Last nite I hit up the gym and took my first kickboxing class in like 6 mos? I remembered how intense the class was/is, and I was so looking forward to sweating some buckets.

Luckily, at this time of year I was able to secure a spot near the front in order to view my flexing muscles (hah). Usually, at the La Fitness the first of the year is flooded with first time gym goers eager to lose some weight, meet resolutions, etc, but by this time...they kinda all fade away. Hence, the not so tightly packed room. I saw my reflection in the mirrored walls and kinda was noticing my pudge around the midsection. I tried to remember if I had looked like this the last time I had taken this class, and I didnt remember feeling the revulsion and disgust that I did at that time, nor the sucking in of the gut that I was currently doing amid all the skinny minnies with their sports bras and lycra capris.

Now, I have been pigging out since the marathon last weekend, and being a sloth compared to my usual activities. Fast food has been my best friend and worst enemy this past week.

I haven't weighed myself in a minute, but the last time I did, I was at 138. I believe now I weight a wee bit more than that but I'm scared to climb on a scale.

Like I had stated previously, I STILL want to lose at least 10 lbs. to get down to 130. I feel flabby and fat. I hate that feeling. Maybe a lot has to do with being inactive for a week compared to how my training was up until the marathon. Maybe its just exercise/goal letdown, ya know, now that I have completed my marathon I'm kinda lost with no exercise goal to get to.

However, I do want to tone up. I still have definition in my arms and leg that I can see, its my midsection that needs major work. Having a kid can do that to you. heh.

At least the kickboxing class is a step in the right direction, working out muscles I haven't in a while.

That class kicked my ass, and I am currently so sore right now. After the class, I had to pick up Victorio out of the daycare and I almost couldn't lift him and carry him all the way to the car as he was in a dead sleep. My arms were shaking and felt like they were going to give...I love that kinda sore feeling.

My right heel still is feeling some pain, but not enough to keep me from working out. I talked to another Native runner ladee who totally kicked ass at the marathon running a 3:40!!, and she said that it sounded like it was a heel spur and reccommended acupuncture! She had had heel spurs before and stated that the cortisone shots did not help, but then she got turned on to acupuncture and it is totally gone. Hmm, I might just do it.

Anywho, that is my public goal. To tone up, lose at least 10 lbs and train for my third marathon in San Diego June 3rd. I plan to hit up a couple of halfers before that, the Valley of the Sun 1/2 Marathon on March 11th, and possibly the Shiprock 1/2 Marathon in May.

See you there?

1 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger psbowe said...

I also have Shiprock in mind too...I'll keep you posted. Wouldn't it be cool to run it together?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home