Friday, February 02, 2007

weighty matters.

Its 3am and I just wolfed down some wheat thins.

Im hella hungry as I haven't eaten since 3 pm.

Yes I am still on the road to being 10 lbs lighter, and no thats not why I haven't eaten.

You see, before the "Mommy" title was given to me, I would eat no matter what. Come hell or high water, nothing was keeping me from a meal. Now, Mommy being my second name, sometimes you have to sacrifice eating time in order to coincide with plain time.

Today was rush rush. Off to work, rush to daycare, rush to make sure Son eats, baths, dresses and goes potty, again. Rush to finish work, rush to get supplies for work, rush to the bank 3 times in one day, rush to the post office, rush back to the bank, rush off to pick Son up from school cuz he's sick, rush to run home to scarf down some wheat things and grilled chicken. Rush off to class. Rush to walmart to get groceries , rush home to spend at least a little time with the fam, pass out from exhaustion. Wake up at 3 am cause those damn wheat thins don't cut it.

I can't lie though, I love being busy. I always have. If I just sit there, knowingly trying to relax and just sit and watch T.V. I can't. I have to multi-task. I'll pick up a book, clean up Boy's toys, sweep, dust, go on the internet and listen to the T.V., organize my filing, spray around some Lysol.

I blame my Mom. I fit her pattern. She is such a hard worker, always moving, always fidgeting, always.

Anywho, on my quest to be 10 lbs lighter, I have achieved being 8 lbs. lighter. heh.

When I began my quest for less fat, I weighed in at 143. Whoa. I could bore you with all these excuses for why I weighed 143, but let's be real, I was 143 and no excuses can account for the fact that thats what I weighed, end of story.

ANywho, I know weigh as of 1/30., 141. I haven't had a chance to weight myself since then at the same time. According to my research, when weighing yourself, you should do it at the same time in the morning after you take a pee and before you eat anything.

Realistically, I want to weigh 13o lbs.

When I had pneumonia last summer, I was down to about 134. People said I looked sick and drawn, well maybe because I actually was sick, but peeps said I looked like I had a lollipop body. Gee thanks.

I have always carred my weight pretty well, with peeps thinking that I weigh less than I do. I don't know if thats because have really heavy hair, get muscley pretty quick, or carry a lot of my weight around my waist.

I had gotten my BMI measurement before, and it says that I am in the lower end of the healthy/athletic spectrum. Meaning, Im in pretty good shape and no where near obese. BUT, at 5'6 ( NO NDN MODEL LIES heh), and 141 I want to be lighter and cut down on the waist expansion and jiggle factor. I love love my legs, like my arms, hate my torso area.

I can still fit into my pre=preggers pants. Fit yes, feel comfortable? Not quite there yet..lol. It's true what they say, your body changes after a baby.

In a recent discussion with a boy bro, somehow we got to talking about post-preggers weight. He said he thought I had lost the weight pretty quick, which I was surprised about then got to thinking..are you saying I was fat before..lol.

Now that the marthon is done, and my long runs no longer consist of 12 + miles for right now, I can back up off the carbo loading for a bit. I mean, I love me some carbs, its just when you run 35-40+ miles a week, carbs are a big and necessary part of your diet.

Now that I am down to 24 miles or less, I don't have to stuff and force down carbs all the time. I have begun to shop healthier for myself, yogurt, cheerios, fruit, grilled chicken, salads, WATER, wheat thins (which I know aren't that good for you but I love em), popsicles, and carrots. I try not to fall into my pitfall of eating at 3am at night, a fallback from nursing Victorio. I try to eat breakfast now, actually make myself drink water, and make concious decisions with my meals.

It seems to be working and overall which leads me to feel healthier and leaner.

I will try to get to a reliable scale in the A.M. I feel confident that it will give me good numbers.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home