Sunday, February 04, 2007

sure goot frenz

Lately, I've been having headaches as my head seems to be going 100 mph toward the future.

Im planning out my future runs, schedules for my Son, our family activities, my renewed status as Student, etc.

I had the pleasure of running either 7 1/2 miles or 8 with a lovely Native fellow runner who I had become acquainted with via email and text messages. We meet up at Tempe Town Lake early in the a.m., stretched and walked a good 1/2 mile just talking before we realized our Garmin's were juiced out.

We ran and ran, stopped about mile 5 to take a potty break and talked the entire freaking run. I have never talked and ran for 8 miles in my entire life! I felt self-concious as when we were gabbing, she seemed to breathe effortlessly, while I had to push out the words and stuggle. We ran fairly easy, I'd say about 10 min/miles? or slower? We really had no idea even when we started or finished..we just ran that sucka. I was feeling no pain, nor when we did stop did I feel like it was a stuggle, do I just have jacked up lungs?

Anywho..It was so great to meet someone and just click. I am really glad that I made an aquaintence a new friend.

Its weird, but in this past couple of months, I feel as if I have expanded my circle of friends in a great way. Of course, there are my friends that are my GIRLS, been there for me through thick and thin, know me and all my dirty crazy secrets, where we will be old ladee'z laughing in the sunset with our silver hair and iced tea (well one with no ice). heh. But lately, its as if I've meet WOMEN who are in sync with me. We mesh and relate one some level that makes me want to know more, and think to myself, this is someone who I would love to get to know better. They intrique me.

In my younger days, there were the friends that you partied with, hell you know what I mean. Those were your party friends, the ones who you swore were your bros, the ones you called on Friday nite (and ok Weds. and Thurs as well) and said where we going? Later, after you calm your fast ass down, you realize that it was all an appearance. Those are not the people who would give you a shoulder to cry on, a bucket to throw up in sure, but they were not in the true sense of the word, a "friend".

Even now, I get the word on them every once in a while. I will always embrace the crazy times we had and take them out of my file in my head to look at, smile, and shake my head at. We will always be cool, we may even hang out once in a while, but they are not who I call when I need someone who will just let me be me.

In this crazy world, I have my friends that I have known and who have known me since my days in San Carlos, they will always be my bros. I have my friends who I met in college and are living in this world as mothers, wives, scholars, professionals, and we will always be cool, and now, I have this great circle of friends who are WOMEN, and who I can text with crazy abandon and meet for lunch and even go out with once in a great while, who are and will always be there for me.

I love this part of my life where I have these opportunies to meet such great people and am able to have them be a part of my life.

Thank you to those who touch my life and make it shine even brighter. You are LOVED!

1 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are much loved Miss Noline. I'm adoring your posts these days. I think you are in sync with the universe now more than any other time since I've met you and it looks good on you. Thanks for being you. I love ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home