Friday, June 01, 2007

Nite' before the Nite" before...

I just finished making my "San Diego - remix" playlist, packed up my gear, and now drinking a water.

Its the night before the night before, and I am strangely calm. Not to say that i'm not shitting bricks, but that I am almost unaware that I am running some big miles in one day and one night. I feel detached from the whole thing, not scared necessarily, but maybe the word is, secure?

Maybe I have reached a point in my running that makes me feel as if I am able to do anything if I put my mind right. I have faith in my legs, the golden goddesses of steel that they are. I push aside the oddly shaped ball on my right foot, the strange stiffness in my left knee, and the much hated 5 lbs. I have put on (and no I do not think that's it muscle, darn.) I will not use these as excuses to do what I know I can do.

As stated before, I understand that pain is a necessary evil to this challenge. I know, I've been there. I put my mind to it and accept it. Mile 19 I will win.

Truth is, I feel excited to do this route which is brand new to me.

Truth is, I am scared that the hills will totally kick my no running hills ass.

Truth is, I put my faith in the "Man Upstairs" that he will help me get through this, and in the prayers that will be upon my shoulders to help me fly.

Truth is, no matter what, even if I have to crawl past that finish line in 7:30, I will finish.

Think of me on Sunday, .....Ill close my eyes and send you thanks.

Peace and BLessings..

dre

3 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger ! said...

I was wondering how you did the race.. ;) ...please update me.. :) I'm proud of you..congrats!!! :)

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger carmen said...

I saw your time and you still did stellar in your laid back approach to the 26.2--amazing! Do you think you will try for an ultra soon?

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger psbowe said...

Judging from the comments, you checked off another marathon. Where's all the details?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home