Monday, July 24, 2006

phlegm & adrienne curry

The bug got me.

Last week I totaled only 14 miles.

Mon: 50 minutes kickbox class.
Tues: Slacker
Weds: Slacker
Thurs: 6 miles - 54:18 Avg. 9:03 min. miles.
Fri: 4 miles - 35:40 Avg. 8:55 min. miles (It kicked my wheezy ass.)
Sat: 4 miles - 36:20 Avg. 9:05 min. miles (It kicked my wheezy ass again.)
Sun: Slacker - Too out of it to even think of running.

I can feel the phlegm lodged deep in my chest. I cough and it stays stuck. Saturday when I ran, I could actually feel my left nostril become congealed with snot and I had to blow out hard to dislodge it. I ran and coughed, the coughs that are deep and hard from the chest, the ones that leave you breathless and dizzy, but still I ran. Peeps around me were looking at me like something contagious was gonna bite their sweat asses.."its just my allergies" I wanted to shout. But I think it was something more, but I refure to address it. heh.

The infection tried to get me. Its working its way out, but its taking its damn time doing it.

Last nite, I was thinking about taking an easy 6 out on the treadmill. But after a whirlwind weekend of basketball, "the missing jerseys adventure", replacing my tires and shelling out some major bones while waiting at Costco for 3 hours!!, late nite "lady in the water" action, and a kick ass but unexpected 12 am nite at Flickas, I was beat down. I was down to whistling breathes, and MAN was I freaking fatigued! I have never been one to lay down during the day, there is always too much to freaking do..but yesterday, I was feeling so drowsy it was hard to keep my eyes open. After a long day of b-ball, I was just wanting to go home and sleep.

I turned down a nite of wings for a date with VH1 and a snugglefest with my Son. My Son hit the hay in 1/2 hour so I was free to turn off the Teletubbies and watch my some "I Married a Brady" the finale. LOL. I was just randomly switching around when there it was.

First of all, Adrienna Brody is the oldest looking 23 year old I have ever seen! Seriously, I thought she was my age! I like her tough biker chica bravado however, and she wore the toughest boybeater..my beloved "WHITEGIRL". LOL.

I was sucked in.

I love that it showed their fights, their drama, their stupid things that when you do it, you don't realize how stupid you are or how stupid you sound - until a day later. I love that it was real, to me. It kinda reminded me of my life, how sometimes we forget to see things from the one we loves perspective, or how our attitudes and actions affect another's life. One action can have a lifetime of ripples.

It mad me sad to see that most of their fights were fueled by alcohol. Bad memories yo.

I have lost someone that I truly loved and still do, but in a different way, because of alcohol. It made me that ugly person that I hate. It made me push and push to truly see how far I could go, and one nite, I went to far. I lost love. From that nite on, I made the decision to be a better person, to let go of alcohol's hold on me.

It just makes me sad to see how alcohol truly FUCKS up people's lives, and allows one to hurt those who truly love them. Some people can handle, some people can't, I can't.

Anywho, thats for another blog.

The wedding itself was beautiful. Sigh.

Made me wonder what my wedding will be like. Either we will go to Vegas and do the deed, or marry in my church with a blowout reception..lol. Haven't decided yet. Still, thats a ways away.

Anywho, I had such a good time by myself. I haven't lazed like that in such a long time. I usually cant' keep myself still enough to actually watch an entire show let alone 2 hours. Everytime I got the urge to get up and start moving the broom, I stretched out like a cat and hugged my pillow tigher. Aww..vacation time.

I think I will run 6 tonite. The boogers are being kept at bay. Maybe kickbox..i duno. I feel fat so tonite is my time to move.

Peace ..

2 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for a church wedding so that I can stare at your wedding dress & try to talk you into wearing glitter on your face.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger ! said...

awh...Lady I thought you were married already!...I've been getting that confused alot lately..Anyhow when you decide to plan your wedding it's going to be super exciting. Wedding are so fantastic....*floats away.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home