Friday, June 30, 2006

loopy runner

Last nite I hit up the local Snoottsdale La Fitness..the one club I have an ongoing relationship with. heh.

Anywho..I ran me some 6 miles. I had to stop at mile 4, I had to readjust my braid as it was splashing the peeps around me, so I tucked it down my back inbetween my 2 sports bras. I hate freaking stopping. I feel like such a weak ass. Even if I'm dog ass tired..I hate to freaking stop. For me, once I stop its that much easier for me to keep stopping, and I HATE THAT.

I ran a relatively easy 9:06 pace and finished in at 54:21. I stepped it up a bit the last 2 miles. Speeded up the pace, then dropped it back down. My tunes decided to freak out the last 1/2 mile.., my ipod did this weird split-screen thing where it froze in the middle of my "Suds in the Bucket" jam. Pobrecito..I love my lil silver mini, I hope it works out its emotional problems and 2 faced personality so I can jam on it my runs.
One thing I hate, out of the many lol, is peeps who run beside me and check my time and then gun it faster than me, BUT drop out after like 5 minutes OR like this woman did to me yesterday, have your pace set @ 8 minute miles but spend at least 1/2 your time taking your feet off the treadmill, drinking water, patting down your "glow", re-adjusting your hair or ipod, WHILE your treadmill is still going with you standing on the siderails. IRRITATE ME.

Wednesday, I woke my tired azz up at 5:20 and was out the door @ 5:25 to hit up the park and run my 6. It was still slightly dark and had that beautiful orange glow that you only see when se'ha breaks the sky. I stretched for like a minute, and was off into the humidity and sprinklers. I felt like I was running in thick air, wet thick air. A minute in, I was drenched. Took the gentle climb of the first hill and made myself take it down and just enjoy the feeling of the run. Miles 1-3 were slighlty labored and had me still picking the bibith (aka eye junk) out, by mile 3.56 I was tired and felt my form slipping..slipping into a hunchback. I dont know what it is, but my run had me feeling all the cigarette smoke inhaled in over the weekend amid Vegas's sin, and had my toes feeling the effects of wearing some "cute" shoes that I am sure were never meant to be danced in. My breathing was ragged and wheezy..and I spit loogies out like no one's biz. I didnt care who I spit on..I was gonna freaking finish dammit.

SO I used this time to pray, pray for strength to finish, for the ones i Love and the ones who I dont love so much, for the day. Just like that, I was still tired, but I had the push to get it home. I did stop for a quick water break, a pee break, and to do 100 ab crunches at the end of the 6.

When I jetted outta my car the celly read 5:44, when I returend to my car the celly read 6:44. LOL. That was funnny to me yo, I had to laugh like a crazy person. Despite my frequent stops for whatever reasons, I still made my 6 in an hour. So I was thnking I must have been running pretty quick..too bad I dont have my stopwatch.

Monday had me running my 3.

Total up to today: 15 miles for the week.

I am contemplating running an easy 2 today. Just because I feel the need to.
I know that I shouldn't really as I will be running a 5k @ 6:30 am tomorrow and I need to rest. I am not really looking at the 5k as a race, kinda looking at it as a rgular running day, so why not run? Not to say that I do not want to get a kick ass time..just that im not focusing on it as the be all and end all measurement tool of my speed. Though I guess I should. Don't mind me ..Im kinda loopy today.