Saturday, June 17, 2006

freaky 6

I kick bootie yo.

Tonite after a fun filled 4 hours at the waterpark in Mesa, my love and I hit up the gym.

I hemmed, I hawed, I ran a freaking 6 miles.

At first, I was all "I'm only gonna walk or do the bikes." Got up to the top and saw the treadmills...ok maybe just a quick 3 miler. Tied up the hair and made a quick run down the stairs to "empty the tank", stretched for like a minute, pushed in my "1forme" playlist and jammed.

Initially I was scared of feeling that tightness in the chest that I had been feeling all week and dreading the feeling of running with labor. The first 1/4 mile I was running a 9:05 pace, then took it down to a 9:13 to loosen up and get my rhythm and breathing right. The first mile zoomed by, and I actually felt my breathing return to normal. Second mile was a breeze, feeling like my old running self, nice and easy. Third mile I was gliding on that magical, mystical runner's high, ya know, the one that feels like you can run forever? Yea, that one. Forth mile I was flying, except my mini died and I was left jamless. So I popped those bad boys out and got in tune with my body and breating. In, out, in, out..I was singing wihtout words..one with my body and its magical rhythm of air and easy movement. Fifth mile I was feeling no pain and wishing the gym stayed open longer as I only had 15 minutes left to run. I was actually gonna just pace out an easy 4 miler, but each mile had me gunning for more. 6th mile had me pushing myself and upping my pace to an eventual 7:30. Even upon completion of my 6 mile run, I felt I had enough juice within me to run longer..but I had to end my love affair with the treadmill and walk an easy 5 minutes and stretch real quick.

So tonite, despite my 4 hour water marathon, I ran my 6! I think I will take an asprin as I am prone to getting leg aches at night after a day of swimming, and I don't think that the 6 miler is any help, but then again maybe not.

Tomorrow I will try to fit in my goal of at least a 7 mile run. Depending again if I get my ass up in time. As of tonite, I have run 18 miles, but my running week is not over yet peepz. 23 is the magic number yo.

Anywho, my upcoming "TENTATIVE" running schedule is as follows:

July 1st - 5K S Mtn. Run. (ARR Summer Series)
July 22nd - 5k Kiwanis Park (ARR Summer Series)
August - Maybe a race? Possibly just a training month.
Sept. - Some race, possibly a 1/2 Marathon, unsure of where though.
Oct 8th - Everyone Runs New Balence Tucson 10k - Old Tucson Studios

Nov. 5th - Phx YMCA 1/2 Marathon - S. Mtn Park.
Nov. 11th - San Carlos Veterans Weekend 8k - GODS COUNTRY
Nov 23rd - Mesa Turkey Trot
Dec. 2nd - Irongirl 10 miler - Tempe
Dec 10th - Las Vegas 1/2 Marathon
Jan 7th - PF Changs Marathon - yea!

Join me?

G'nite bloggin fools..

2 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger psbowe said...

Nice schedule...the PF Chang is a possibility for me. :)

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger psbowe said...

Good luck this weekend on your 5K. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home