Monday, June 12, 2006

9 lbs.

My Body is Beautiful.

You may think..damn this girl better let her head deflate, but I believe it, even if I sometimes think I may need to lose a few pounds.

I say this after viewing my body a few minutes before a much needed shower. I had just taken a kickboxing class and let my body fermate for an hour upon tending to my beautiful Son. Although I have a few 8 or so extra lbs. added to my frame, lbs. I feel through a tightening on my clothes, I do believe my body is workhorse of beauty and strength.

This I say because this body has given birth to a beautiful Son, has/had the abilty to run a marathon, has the abilty to heal through many of lifes ailments, still has an unbreakable yet fixable heart, has decorated meanings that reach farther than any ink, has scars that enhance rather than detract from my canvas, achieves a beautiful rich brown tone that no tanning salon could ever reproduce, has the abilty to feed my Son, and so many more things that would take me all nite to write down...

I say this also saying that I am on a quest to lose 10 lbs. I am hell bent on achieving this goal because I do not feel my body is at top peak right now physically, and its playing with my head mentally. I feel that if I lose 10 lbs. I will be able to run faster, longer, and with more enjoyment. Lately, my runs have begun to feel like a tiresome chore..something that I hate to associate with running. I am also aiming for this goal because I love a challenge. HEH.

Today, I took an hour kickboxing class. I loved seeing myself in those mirrors. I loved seeing my muscles ripple as I kicked my wy down 10 lbs. lol. I loved seeing my arms definition as I punched real punches, and not those bizhaan/sissy half-ass punches that the rest of the Scottsdale crew was trying to throw down. I loved the way I looked like I can really kick someone's ass and not just the girl on my RHS who got a little too close.

Right now I weight 139 lbs. at 5'6. I have a medium build that builds muscle like a mutha.

My goal is to reach 130 in 4 weeks. So that is 9 lbs. So that is 2. 2 lbs per week.
I believe that is a reasonable goal. Right? If I wrong here, please let me know if that is unrealistic.

I am not a stranger to losing weight. Hello, I lost 46 lbs. after the birth of my Son who is now 25 mos. old. At my heaviest, right before the birth of my Son, I weighed 185. WHOA. I have never weighed that much my whole life. I felt like such a porker. Slowly, but surely the weight came off. At my leanest in my whole life I weighed 122 lbs. That was like Jr. High at this height. In High School I weighed in at 129? ...I was running cross country & track, and had mucho legs. During my Marathon running I weighed in at 136?..I think my body loves this weight and refuses to get it down. At places where my weight needs to be taken down or people have guessed my weight, it has always been around the 130 lb. range, I believe that I carry my weight well. Like I said, I have a lot of muscle on my frame.

If anyone has any ideas on losing weight or can help me out with my diet..please e-me or hit me up on my comments.

I will get there. Once I put my mind to something ..look out! LOL.

Thanks ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home