Saturday, July 15, 2006

observations yo

This A.M. I woke up thinking I had something to do and that I was about to eat my pillow.

I ate some day-old chinese takeout and swished down some apple juice while contemplating running. At 5:30 I found myself lacing up my shoes and grabbing my ipod. The men in my life were all still sleeping, so I left a note and snuck out the door.

Found myself at the park @ 6am. It was already hot.

I had thought about running the canal, but it being so early, I wasn't sure if there wouldn't be peeps still partying alongside, so I nixed the idea for safety reasons. Sides, I get kinda nervous when I run solo as there are a lot of farm workers and they are all male, jutkom, and look at you with eyes that make you uneasy if you get my drift.

Anywho, at the park I stretched for like a minute and I was off. I am so bad at stretching. I know that I should be stretching for at least a couple of minutes, especially at my advanced age (heh), but I just cant seem to make myself take the time. When I run, I just wanna GO!

By this time, the sun was out and beginning its bake of the land. I took off at an easy roll and remembered to start my stopwatch. My stopwatch is a weapon that I bought the night before last year's marathon. I love it, even though its a Men's watch and dangles on my wrist like a bracelet, I just push it up halfway up my arm and go.

I coasted the park's circle at an easy pace.

Pushed it in the last 1/2 mile, enough to snort and fill the sweat hit my back to the beat of my feet.

I ran that sucka in 25:11. I ran approximately 8:23 minute miles.

I believe that I ran the first half slower than my second. I feel this because I know that I didn't push it much the first half, I was just trying to warm up. The second half I felt myself running faster and with a lot of push that last 1/2 mile. I need to find a way to push it all out throughout the entire run, and not just the second half. I guess treadmill running is my cross, it makes me run consistently the entire run until I gun it up the last mile to 1/2 mile of my run. When I run free, meaning when I run outside, I run much faster but with an inconsistent pace.

I will be running at least 2 days outside in the morning for my marathon training, until the weather starts to cool down in late Sept. Then I will up my running outside and mileage. Right now I am still doing my long runs, with my longest consisting of 8 miles. I have been having a long run of 7 miles for the past couple of weeks, with last week being my first 8 mile run.

I have usually been running during the week:
-2 6-mile days.
-1 long run of at least 7 miles.
-2 days of either a 4 miler or a 5 miler.

I have been averaging 22 miles a week.

This week I am up to 23 mile as of today, Saturday. Tomorrow will be my long run, aiming at 8 miles.

I lied the last time, my secret goal for this week was 30 miles. heh.

Here are the tunes that got my legs a pumping for this week:


++No Ordinary Love - Deftones

++Walking With a Ghost - the White Stripes

++Faster Kill Pussycat - Oakenfield F. Brittany Murphy

++How Bizare - OMC

++Dopeman - N.W.A.

++Ms. Jones - Lakota Jones

++Bossy - Kelis

++99 Problems - Jay-Z

++Crazy - Gnarls Barkley

++Boyz-N-The-Hood - Dynamite Hack

++Rebirth Of Slick - Digable Planets

++Me & U - Cassie

++Legs - ZZ Top

++Touch It (remix -Ladee'z version) - Busta Bust

++And Then We Kiss - Britney Spears

++So Watcha Want - Beastie Boys

++Hells Bells - AC/DC

++I Should Have Cheated - Keyshia Cole

++Mouth of Poison - Kittie

++Kiss Me Deadly - Lita Ford

++Renee - Lost Boys

++And She Said - Lucas Prata

++Ride or Dye Bytch - the Lox

++Ain't No Future in Your Frontin - Mc Breed

++Sorry (Oakenfield Mix) - Madonna

++This One's For the Girls - Martina McBride

++Girlfriend - Matthew Sweet

++You've Really Got a Hold On Me - the Miracles

++Ms. Fat Booty - Mos Def

++Buffalo Stance - Neneh Cherry

++Physical - Olivia Newton-John

++Money Doesn't Matter Tonite - PRINCE

..thats enough.

Peaceness..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home