Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Its 2am and I had a jonesing for some tacos.

Just a quick update to the running program since my last entry. Yes, I am still running. heh.

I did complete my goal of hitting 27 miles for the last week of June. Hitting the last 7 miles on Sunday. I averaged about 8:50 minute miles that week.

Last week I ran only 14 miles.
8 miles on Tuesday averaging 8:50's. Great run. I felt like I was floating on air.
6 miles on Wednesday. Little tight, but ran 8:56 a mile. I would write down my times but I forgot. heh.
Thursday I was going to run in the A.M. before we headed out to Vegas, but it just wasn't in the cards.
The plan was to hit up the gym at the hotel in Vegas to finish with at least 20 miles for the week. Alas, Vegas put its spell on me and had me hitting 22 hour days and 10 mile walking periods during the day. In flats. lol.

Today I ran a hard 4 miles. Hard for me that is. I finished in 36:22. 9:05 minute miles. I felt like I was breathing through sludge. I could feel all that second-hand Vegas smoke I inhaled all weekend try to make its way out through green plegm and much snot. Unfortunately, I had to run inside so there was no other way to let it out..so I had to swallow. Gross.

My goal this week is to put in at least 25 miles.

I am now averaging a long run of at least 7 miles.

I am seriously thinking of hitting up a 1/2 marathon sometime in Sept. My original plan for doing the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon in Sept. was cancelled due to my ineptedtude to register before the dang thing filled up. IF anyone has any ideas please feel free to hit me up. Preferably, somewhere that makes my nose bleed..heh.

Peace and G'nite..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home