Wednesday, July 19, 2006

20 running thangs..

1)I have peed on myself while running. Many times. Hey, you try and have a babee and run....if you do or when you do, you will understand.

2) I have throw up after busting ass at a race, I ran so hard that at the end I tossed my frybread. Weird thing was, I wasn't embarrassed. heh.

3) I have fallen so hard I saw stars. literally. I was running all superior last year, 2 days before a 1/2 marathon, and I biffed in on asphalt. Torn up my knee, opened up my other knee, scraped the hell outta my hand, and knocked the breath outta my lungs. BUT, I still finished my 1/2 marathon in 2:07 minutes yo!! I rock.

4) I had to toss my chauniez to the side. I ran, I didn't get to the bathroom when I needed to, I had to toss. But dammit, I finished my 7 miles. LOL.

5) I cried after I finished my marathon. Happy, salty tears.

6) I have run a 5k race 3 mos after I had my Son. I had just started running like 2 weeks before? I finished in 29 minutes something seconds. I was so mad at myself cause I was all, " I SUCK NOW!", forgetting that I hadn't run, literally in 9 mos. My time then, is some peepz best times now.

7) I ran my first 1/2 marathon 8 mos after the birth of my Son. With 5 mos. of training. I ran that sucka in 2:10:18. So if I can do that peeps, so can you.

8) I spit so much when I run, I get it on myself. I even wipe my loogies on my shirt and don't give a shyt. What?

9) When I run a big race, something that means a lot to me, I wear a red bandana. I wear my bandana as an ode to my father, who has run several marathons, half-marathons, 10k's, etc. He is who I aspire to be. He is who I owe my running genes too. He is my hero.

10) I ran cross-country and track in H.S. I did alright, but I was a lazy ass. What could I have been if I had my discipline then, like I have now. I hate what ifs..!

11) I run because I need to. Running makes me sane. It is where I pound away all my frustrations, all my anger, all my angst, all my tears, all my pain, all my hurt, all my blackness. If I did not run, I do not know who I would be. Its a scary thought.

12) The longest I have ever run is 26.2. (in 4 hours 10 minutes 21 seconds)

13) I have been out (of running) since I have seriously started running again 3 major times. The first time was my pregnancy and birth of my Son, second time was when I had pneumonia last May, and the third time was when I broke my toe in February, right after my marathon.

14) I started seriously running again since January 2002. The day I became sober.

15) I will be running the Boys & Girls Club 1/2 Marathon in November 2006, the Las Vegas 1/2 Marathon in December, and the PF Changs Marathon in January. Pray for me.

16) My running goals for this year are to run a 1/2 marathon in under 2:05. To run my marathon in 4:30, taking 10 minutes off my time from last year.

17) I always wear two sports bras when running. I hate to bounce.

18) When I run, I am super competitive. Even when running on a treadmill, I try to outlast or outrun the person next to me. heh.

19) I love running because it is a solo sport. I don't depend on anybody but myself to kick ass, and that's the way I like it.

20) I dream of doing the Ironman Triathalon. At 35.

2 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet. I love this post. I want to write one, but mine is not nearly as inspirational. Keep it up redmomma.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger ! said...

I agree. You are my running inspiration..you rock!. I wish you all the best in your upcoming races. You'll be in my prayers...can I be in yours? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home