Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Karma isn't always a MOFO

Friday nite we grooved to the beautiful sounds of Santana's fluid fingers.

We danced till 12 am.

On the way out, I had the vague feeling of missing something. I attributed this to me not carrying my bag (NOT PURSE), and D carrying out our bags of Santana gear.

Made a pit stop at the pottys, and moved on and out the gates. About 5 steps out, I paused and yelled out, " MY CELL!".

I checked my shorts and sure enough, it was gone.

I had brought my celly in to the concert to capture some pix, and keep close in case my Mommacita had to call about our Lil Tiger. I had stuffed in my front right pocket of my hoochie shorts (heh), and it was a snug fit. Apparently, when we had gotten off the ground to groove to Santana's last 15 minute song, the celly had fallen out.

My celly is a sleek silver brick that holds all my contacts info, my pix of Son and my travels this summer, locked text messages (yes I am a sap), all my downloaded ringtones and songs, and my beloved Tetris game. I love my celly. I felt my heart sink down to my toes at the thought of it in the hands of someone else's grubby hands.

D followed me back to the gate as I asked the Skin ladee if I could go back in as I had lost my celly. She looked me over and saw my face of panic and Skinness and let me pass by. I ran up the stairs and flew to where we had been standing. All I saw was a vast green lawn of strewn plastice cups, paper, and crumpled wrappers, but no phone.

I looked and looked, scanning every inch of the ground. I could feel my face scrunch up in worry and sadness.

In my peripheral vision, I had noticed this couple. The man had picked something up off the ground, and I thought that was it, he has my celly and how do I tackle him and hold off his chica so I can grab my phone? As I was planning how to bum rush them, they came up to me and asked, " Did you lose a celly phone?"

He the proceeded to produce my celly with his right hand.

I grabbed it and said' "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!"

They said no prob. and proceeded on down the lawn.

I was so happy I ran all the way back to D and our entourage, sweaty and wearing my Kool-Aid man smile.

I was so freaking lucky.

It wasn't till I was talking to D about it when I thought that I should have offered them something, given them $10 or something. damn. My bad.

I guess it just goes to show, when you throw goodness out there, it comes back.

Thanks Karma.

1 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger ! said...

Yay!....Oh for a second I felt your panick..It sucks to be without a phone. Sucks more when you got to call and cancell and buy a new phone....:) Glad you got it back!...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home