Monday, July 31, 2006

5 ugly miles.

I ran my 5 ...ugly.

I didnt want to do it. I wanted to lounge on the comp, play with my Son, and eat some spaghetti. At about 5:30 I had a tentative plan to run the canal, before it got too dark and while it was still semi-cool. Got distracted visiting my parents and making plans for dinner..

At about 6:30 I still had plan to run the canal. Got distracted talking to D. and making a new playlist with my Son "helping" me decided what songs to add.

At 7 pm I laid down.

At 7:15 D asked if I was still going to run..or did he need to do the spaghetti.

7:18 I started the spaghetti and then D shooed my out the door.

I broke out at about 7:30 p.m. I was going to run the canals, but it got a bit too late and too close to the darkness, so I just drove on by and made my way to my usual park.

I got out..forgot to grab my stopwatch, and forgot to look at my car clock. Made my way to the potty and drank some sewer water. Stretched it out as much as I do, and made myself book it at an easy pace. I felt OK the first 3 miles..then mentally I had to crank it up.

My body was feeling strong, but in the lyrics of the Geto Boys, "My mind was playing tricks on me."

Mile 3.5 I had to push myself to go, I had no will to keep it up. Didn't help that it was humid as a mug last nite, and made more so by the fake lake.

Mile 3.8 had me stopping to do my 100 ab crunches on my trail exercise route. I had to make myself push onward.

Mile 4 had me stopping to drink some H20, which I was gulping down. Bad move. I immediately got that retching feeling, dehydration yo. I should've known that 24 oz. propel wasn't going to cut. Saturday nite had me drinking many red bull, diet coke and one O'douls. 24 ounces of water against all that equals dehydration. I should've known fool.

Pushed on to complete an ugly 5 miles.

But I did it, I ran my 5, and for the week I ran my 30 miles with my 2 days of running outside.

I rock, though sometimes ugly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home