Tuesday, August 15, 2006

take it into me.

Son-boi has had a fever the past two days.

Yesterday had me staying here at home with him, cuddling him and making him choke down his dreaded children's Tylenol. I have changed his lil pull-ups like 40 times. Projectile vomited clothing is now sitting in a the dryer.
Pobrecito.

I actually went to work this morning for a few hours. Had to go in to do what I do. Shi'ma was able to watch my love and it is now me that sits with him this afternoon. He actually ate some cheese crisp and managed to even shoot some baskets. His lil eyes are still a bit droopy and he is still slightly warm. However, he is a lot better than he was yesterday.

Right now, he is napping in his Thomas the Train bed. Asleep and yelling at me in his dreams.

As most moms will tell you, I have managed to catch a bit of his sickness too. But, like many Moms will tell you true, Moms are never really sick. We can't be.

Just like anything that causes him pain, I wish it on me instead. It's funny how there is not question in my mind that I would put my life to the sky to benefit his. I want to shoulder all the pain he will face in this life, to take it within myself and shelter him from the world and its anger & hate. I know that this is not possible, or even healthy., but when you have a child, you can understand.

I know now, when my mother said," When you have your own child, you will understand."

It's funny when you realize she was right.

2 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What always kills me is when I take him to the doc and we sit there and wait....and wait...and wait some more. Somehow, the projectile vomiting, the sobbing, the voice whimpering, "Mommy, my belly hurts," isn't enough to put a little speed in the nurses or docs office. Those are the times when I find myself cursing a silent blue streak and wishing that I was the one enduring the pain.

And yet, people wonder why I become agitated with the medical staff when my son is in their care....and yet, be a complete lamb when it comes to me.

lol

I'm glad to hear he's feeling better. May the two of you have a good day and an even better tomorrow.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo. Hope he's better. Bowling soon? Family nite? You me, Nods, Ed, little Tiger and whoever we can drag along?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home