Sunday, August 06, 2006

glorious 10

10 glorious miles I have run.

After being a sucker for the past two days, I got my lazy bootie up with the sun and proceeded to hit up my beloved canal.

I actually awoke at 5 am. as our Son had crawled into bed with us. I had to do some jedi moves out the bed to sneak away. However, my jedi moves were not that good as Son-boi kept waking up and throwing his leg over my stomach and grabbing at my chest..heh. I did FINALLY manage to sneak away and let D know where I was running about 5:30 am. Sun was still coming up so I chilled and drank some apple juice and a handful of wheat thins. Chugged a propel real quick and headed out the door with my jams.

I didnt strech but just began an easy walk just past my Mom's house, and then proceeded to an easy jog to warm up. The sun was out at 6:15 when I began my trot. I had to conciously make myself run slower than my normal pace as I was predicting this as an easy kinda long run. I really had no idea how long I was going to run, but that I was going to at least make it to Pima Rd. Picked up my rocks and kept them close, just in case.

Before I knew it, I had lost myself in the run and I had made in out to Pima Rd. I crossed the road and kept on gliding. I was feeling free with only a slight grimace in foot from the blisters that are still wet. Gross.

I ran and ran. Felt kinda giddy from running so free, I felt myself try to step it up in my pace, but again, I had to slow my fast ass down..lol.

Made it to Hayden Road and kept going.

Turned around about halfway down, still feeling good.

Ran back down to a public bathroom where I hit up the water fountain. I had contemplated not stopping, but I knew I needed to drink something as I had, and mostly never do, pack anything to drink. I know.

Drank it up and proceeded to run it on home. The sun was out fullforce but there was a gentle breeze cooling me off as me and Mr. Sun had it out face to face.

During my run, I had pulled up my racerback coolmax tank to get some sun on my poor white belly & back. I felt strong and in shape. Mostly, I get embarressed when I run with a short shirt, mostly because I am self-concious. Not this time, I had my stomach out for the whole world to see. Not that is by any means a six-pack, but I don't think I will send peeps out screaming "cover up!". heh.

Anywho, I ran and I ran.

Stopped another time to stretch out my foot as it was starting to cramp up due to my weird running form caused by my blisters.

Finished it in about 1:42 minutes? No stopwatch, just went by the kitchen clock.

I feel strong..and I feel accomplished.

For the week, I have run 18 miles in 3 days with blister encrusted feet. Yea!!

Peace..

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you. You runner you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home