Friday, August 11, 2006

enough

HOw did it get to be Friday already?

Here's a quick recap of the week so far...

Mon: 1 Hr. Kickbox..(1 hour of burning lactic acid..)
Tues: 6 miles. 54:02. 9:00 minute miles.
Weds: 4 miles. 35:18. 8:49 minutes miles.
Thurs: 4 miles. 36:07. 9:01 minutes miles.
Friday: Tentative 6 miles scheduled.

I'm still having my breathing issues. But i've just learned to suck it up and keep going. It sucks hocking loogies trying to unblock my plugged up breathing passages, but my body is feeling fine. On the bad news front, now my back is starting to ache by my lungs. Badness. This is not a good sign. However, I do not feel sick in the slightest, just occasional deep coughs that give my abs a workout.

I guess I am a slave to the run.

If I go a day without running. I feel guilty. I feel unbalenced.

Of course there are days when all I want to do is sit and drink a diet coke. Im burned out tired from the day, but somehow I get the juice flowing knowing I will be pounding out the ickiness from the day on my bloody, smelly, dirty shoes.

When I run, it is my time for myself. For me. For Dre. I run and its all on me to kick ass or to suck balls.

Running frees me from my duties as a mother, lover, homey, friend, daughter, cook, cleaner, worker bee, etc etc. I need to run to be me.

I love seeing how my legs ripple when I move..how my muscles are so tight and my legs are strong. I love running my hands down my thighs and feeling the strength that has come from many miles of sweat and tears.

I run because I have to. Simple as that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home