Thursday, August 31, 2006

so pretty Im ugly...

I have a nice new splotchy red eyeball whose lid is halfway down, heavy with eye bibith. Pretty.

I have officially caught my Son's eye infection, but I am glad that he is free of the itchy eyeball.

So, I have not been able to put in my contacts, well I could, but then my contacts would be all infected and you would be able to see my gross eye smack dab in front of you, plus the unbearable pain, but I digress.

Back to the contacts debacle, I have since had to run on the treadmill inside since sans contacts and sans glasses I cant see shyt.

I have had to forgo these lovely afternoon/evening running temps due to the monsoon clouds and see them from the clanking of a treadmill. Thus, I have only run outside once this week so far.

Mon: 6.03 miles at 8:47 min/mile in 53:01
Tues: Shot full of hormones. Zombie like state.
Weds: 4.04 miles at 8:14 min/miles in 33:20
Thurs: 5.22 miles at 8:25 min/miles in 44:03

I dispute the last time in the Thurs. entry. I planned on taking it to at least 4, but I was focused since I couldn't see anything, I concentrated on my run, form, breathing, gurgling stomach. I ran 5. When I finished my 5, I tried to end the workout on my nike + gear by pushing the MENU button as per instructions, however I thought I had stopped it and was just walking for my cooldown an additional 5 minutes. I checked on my times 2 minutes from when I first stopped the timer, and it was still going! Thats the real complaint I have for the NIKE + system, well not actually the system, but the armband. Its covered with black fabric, ideally to prevent your stinking sweat from touching its shiny black body, but if you are a perfectionist like me, it will drive you crazy since you want to be SURE you have turned your system off. In order to do this, you have to disconect your earbuds from yoru Nano, and slide your Nano out of its protective Darth Vader-like sheath. No easy feet as the armband is pretty skintight to the Nano, and the earbuds are plugged in such a way that you practically have to rip off the cord. Whew.

Anywho, I dispute the time because when I first checked my time, I thought it said 41:45? THe 41 is for sure, its the seconds that I am not sure about. I remember the 41 because I about jumped out of my skin...thats a PR for me.

Anywho, 8:25 minute miles is pretty good, so Ill take it.

I plan to run at least another 5 in the morning tomorrow. We will otherwise be rolling in GODS COUNTRY tomorrow nite and Saturday. Acorn stew here I come!!!

We want to take in out brothers to the North's White Mtn. Apache Tribal Fair, but if its raining and if shi'Ta can't get away, thats scrapped. I will at least eat some tamalecho and pound the dirt back home...wait, I cant see. Dang..Ill figure something out..maybe run with a guide dog. Heh.

Im exited for life. Im so happy I feel like im floating. Who knew happiness can come in the form of a tuna sub and 2 snoring men? hehehe.

+++NEWS+++

We have officially registered for the Las Vegas Half Marathon on Dec. 10th!!!

VEGAS here we come....

2:02....here I come!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Blogger ! said...

yay!...Have a good run in Vegas!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home