Friday, August 25, 2006

Flu-man

Yesterday I believe the flu-man tried to catch me.

I laid it down to a full day of work...sleepy, achy, congested, and worn out. Got the call from daycare about Son-boi around 3:30 pm. Jetted to his school and picked him up amid a flurry of kisses and gentle hugs. He was cranky and whiny..with a boogery nose and temp of 101.

Came home and proceeded with the children's tylenol and rest. We laid down to an hour of Judge Judy, well I tried to.

Daddy came home and scooped up Son...I drank some Nyquil (straight gangsta outta the bottle - no spoon) and found myself waking up at 11pm. Hungry than a mofo..
Warmed up some Chicken Noodle soup, ate, and fell back asleep.

As is.. no run yesterday.

I have run a total of 10 lousy miles this week.

Mon: 6 miles.
Tues: No run.
Weds: 4 miles. 35:24. 8:51 minute miles.
Thurs: No run. Nyquil to blame.
Fri: Planned 6 miles?

This sickness is trying to get me...but I won't let it.

I acutually bought Meds. A big 72 count Costco bottle of Tylenol Sinus Congestion and Pain, that claims to get rid of chest congestion, headache, sinus pressure, and nasal congestion. We can only hope.

This is freaking me out. When I ran last Weds, I could actually feel my lungs get tighter with every mile. At the end, I was having to rely on little shivery breathes..

Phlegm sucks balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home