Tuesday, August 29, 2006

NIKE +

Last nite I finally broke in my Nike + system, from the shoes, to the (black)Nano, to the new pristine white earbuds..I broke it all in.

I placed the little white plastic $30 buck piece in my never been used gray and red nike left shoe. Anticipation colored my world.

Placed my nano its new red and black case (lovin those colors yo), then had to take it out again to make sure the white thingamabob was attached to the end (which reads to the shoe and your footfalls..sweet eh?). Went to Menu on the Nano, selected Nike +, went on to playlists and chose my "run your ass off" list, and slipped my new toy back in its snug protector.

I was so excited I didn't want to waste any time to calibrate my run..so I just went off.

Kinda had a hard time getting the whole thing situated, from putting the Nano in its case, to making sure the earbuds were plugged in, to making sure I had the system all set to go when I actually began my run.

Finally, I jetted off into the darkness. Oh, then remembered to press the center button to get the system gelled to my run.

I ran till I got back to where I pressed the button, and pressed it again. This female voice came talking all loud in my ear, " You have run 1.47 miles in 13 minutes 7 seconds." SWEET!!!

I ran like I hadn't run in 2 days. I felt light and free, and sweaty. Sometimes, I love to run in darkness. Feeling out my form, my breathing, my legs. Last nite had me running fierce.

I ran that park 4 times. Each time monitoring my pace with that women's voice talking all loud in my ear. I was running 8:45, 8:50, 8:32, and once at a 9:05.

I finished in 52:01. I ran 6 miles in 8:47 min/miles. I burned 630 calories.

Nike + rocks.

Cool plus? It stores all your workouts and can upload them to the NIke+ website to monitor your progress and see if you meet your goals. YOu can challenge yourself to run a certain mileage, certain number of calories, or time.

I LOVE IT...

1 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger ! said...

Awesome... i saw that shoe in the shoe this weekend. Nice. I wasn't completely thrilled cause I'm of an Asics purchaser. but that new nike shoe is pretty neato!!!!.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home