Saturday, January 21, 2006

old knees

Running JazZ:

4 days after my big run..I ran a slow 3 miles. I then proceeded to get chased out of S.R.P.M.I.C. (Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community to those not in the know) at 7:30. I had wanted to do some abs, arms, and some back stretches but...I guess my timing was off. During the run I had felt some soreness and tightness in my left knee..but again, I was expecting it. My bad that is my stretching routine is non-existent. I know i know..when I get in my mind to take my run..I want to just run. Im definitely paying for it in my 30 year old knees. After the run, my knee was a little stiff..but otherwise A-OK. I think that as runners, we tend to learn to deal with a little pain and discomfort.

Friday, after work, Victorio and I visited our LA FITNESS. I proceeded to run three easy miles, despite me telling myself to just take it easy and run maybe an easy 2 and walk 1. But no....seeing all those other peepz on the treadmills pumping their groove out got me going. I was feeling the run and my knee was too, unfortunately. My knee felt much much better than the previous days run..so I gunned it out a 3.25 miles in 30 minutes. Slow but sure...my knee was twinging a bit, but otherwise holding up pretty well.

The only real soreness I felt after Sunday was in my knee. I so swear by the Icy/Hot patch that Shaq sells on T.V...for realz. I wore it all day past the prescribed 8 hours..lol. I even like the smell. Anywho...I did feel a bit tight in my shoulders but really that was the only soreness or tightness that was the fallout from the beating dished out by the pavement.

Today I'm a be heading back "home" to "GODS COUNTRY"..aka San Carlos. My Godson's B=day jammy jam is today along with his twin brothers..yes I said twins. You should see my beautiful friend who is the mother to these twins of terror...she is such a petite little thing..like a month after she had the boys ..she was back into her size 3's..for realz. Today I finally get to see her new Babeegirl..I can't wait to see her and my boyz again. We (meaning Victorio and I) are heading out in a bit as we want to visit with my parents before we go into Globe for the party. The Grandparents want to do some spoiling....and maybe I can get some time in to run the dirt for another easy 3..or maybe not...Hmm...depends on what magazines are going on at home..lol.

Hopefully we make it back in time tonite to catch D-manz B-ball game tonite..he's playing at the Ft. in their New Years tourny...I almost had to play with them last nite..!! Not enough men and the clock running..I was all," good thing I wore my sports bra..har har." Luckily I didn't have to embarrass anybody, and they snagged an easy win.

Man, it seems like our weekends are always busy ...sometimes I want to just be a lazy uth (bootie) and lay like broccoli and watch Laguna Beach and download music all day. Oh well...doing too much is a positive negative..right right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home