Wednesday, January 04, 2006

NOTE: This is an old post from my first attempt at blogging..I believe the date was around this time last year....END NOTE:..hehe

I find myself thinking many things right now, and none of them seem able to come out on this page just right..Its been so long since i have really written anything from the heart, my heart seems to have lost its voice..

BUT, I will try. So, please bare with me on this new blog ...I will reveal the only me that I know ..real and uncut, so if I offend or get ya thinking, then I have at least done a halfass kinda job, cuz the real person I wanna get going is my own voice...

Clears throat, so heres my first ramble of the night:

Its amazing to me that what people write in their blogs gets me thinking about myself and my own views, but I guess thats sorta the point right? Like, I read about peeps runnin again and it makes me wonder, what do others consider a real run? I mean I always see peeps write about running is their interest...what does that mean? Do you run at least 3 miles a day for 5X a week? Do you do the occasional jog around the complex? Do you run once every two weeks? What does jog really mean? For myself, I consider running to be all out busting ass at 8 minute miles for 5 miles at least 5X a week....So it kinda irks me to read about these peeps who write running as a hobby..or "Oh I went jogging today.." Run with me and we'll see what jogging means..LOL. I know I sound like a running asshole, but believe me, I think I have earned the right.
I began running way back when I was a lil Dre with my Daddy, he was running marathons, half-marathons, 10K's, and doing 6 miles/6 days a week ..with a hard run consisting of 12 miles...This was running on the Rez over ravines, soft squishy sand, overgrown weeds, and wild animals chasing ya down...
From there, I went on to cross country and track in HS..state and all
and now, I have gotten back into my love that pays me back with lost toenails, tendonitis, burnt legs, bushy braids, runners feet, and sweat soaked and lovely smelling shirts.. 8 mos. after I had the love of my life, my Son, Victorio, I ran the half-marathon here in Phx. I finished in 2:10..not too shabby ..but I now know i could've kicked bootie way better..and so I will next year when I run the marathon...
It has been a struggle to get back into running condition, a long hard uphill battle, but I am most defintely there...
Although I do run to maintain my health, I believe that the biggest reason why I run is to maintain my mental health...this girl here has some serious anger issues that stem from things that i so do not want to get into now..but, I do know that I have them so thats a step in the right direction...
I do know this, if I did not run, all my shit that sticks to my soul like black tar and wants to come out in ways that the old Dre would love to accomodate, would fester and make my spirit black..
Running is my therapy, it is a way that I pray, it nurtures me, it hurts me in a way that makes me feel alive, its always there for me even when sick, it makes me feel ike I can fly, it teaches me patience, it pushes me to excell, it understands me...
I see peeps running by me at the park or at the gym..and I have to beat em..I have to run further than them, faster than them, smoother than them...of course, I am not always the best, but I know that I always try my best to be....

I could write on and on..and I will..but I Think that is enough Dre for right now..and yes I sometimes do have the annoying habit of writing about myself in third person..deal.

1 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY understand your blog on running you have brought tears to my eyes on these personal tribulations you do not speak of and take running as a way to pray, find balance within yourself. There was a time when I had felt very low and running was a way to find a balance and be one with my god....
May the creator keep blessing you... You are an inspiration to many Natives young and old......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home