Monday, January 16, 2006

Ladee'z who Lunch

I feel like a stuffed sausage.

Today I was treated out not once, but twice to stuff my face and be a raving carb loader. Victory lunches and dinners are the greatest!

My homies and I met on this glorious MLK day to take advantage of our day off and revel in my soreness and icy/hot patched up legs. 2 1/2 hour lunches are so great when you have great convo and a fat burger yo. I love my beautiful intelligent NATIVE homiez...for realz.

Its funny when you become a new anything..a new mother, a new girlfren, a new wife, etc. Experience has taught me that we, as women, tend to get wrapped up in the "newness" of our experience and focus inwardly on that new thing. This daze may last a while or be quite short..but admit it, it is there. My new thang was my Son, and it lasted for about a year...but now that he is older and I am not so NAZI momma..I can let go a bit more and not stress so much about his existence being based soley on whether I was right there by his side. I am able now, to fully appreciate and realze that I have my own life that I NEED TO MAINTAIN outside of my family unit..I am still a woman seperate from my Momma title.

Friends, especially Woman friends are truly a blessed thing.

I have always been a guy girl..ya know, the one who always had more dude frens than women friends. All the way back to lil Dre daze. When I was younger I attributed it to being more of a tomboy than anything else, but as I got older I found that most women were too bitchy to even be called a friend. So I stuck to what I knew...rollling with boys with the occasionally boyfried thrown in. H.S. found me with a handful of really good female bro's. One in particular who I miss to this day, she is and was a true friend..I just hope that we can rekindle our bond and be reconnect with who we are as women today, funny enough, she is not Native, but kinda brown..lol. My other homiez who I used to role with showed their true colors soon enough and jumped my ass over a Boy toy who I guess was the shit in bed. Not that I ever knew but try telling them that. So after that, I learned to keep Woman at a distance. During College, I cultivated friendships with woman who I thought had my back. Low and behold, backstabbers show their true colors eventually. After being hurt by women who I thought were my sista'z, I vowed to never do that to anyone. If you were all smiles and giggles in my face, and hard words and black thoughts when I was afar, I just cut you out of my life. Period.

I still have those few and far between women friends who have had and continue to have my back from day one. You know who you are..and you all know the real me. For your friendship and acceptance I love you all. These are the ones who put me in check, who listen to my hard words adn love me anyway, who support me in whatever I do, who offer advice and gentle nudge me in the right direction, who just listen to me ...and accept me as I am.

Homiez yo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home