Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ignorance is bliss..

I believe that you will never truly know something until you experience it.

I know that I would say in my ignorance of things that I had no experience of, that I could do better..I would know better. What a dumbass.

Experience is the greatest teacher. Wisdom begets experience.

I have said that women who stay with men who hurt them are stupid bitches. Until it happened to me. Love, in its jacked up form, made me believe that that was love.

Ignorance is bliss.

I look back on that person that was me, and I cant' remember being her. I mean I do, but I can't put me hand around that mirror and see that reflection as I was, and in part, still am. I had loved this man , with all that first love entails, utterly, blindingly, exceedingly, foolishly...

I shake my head at these thoughts that flood my brain, trying to loosen them out of my memory. But I remember.

I have the visible scar, and thumb it almost everyday. Its the invisible ones that are harder to hide.

Shame is for that other person, not for me.

It took me a while to unearth that beautiful woman that I once was. To reign in that anger and rage that had no outlet other than beer and cigarettes. I found her...and dusted her off.

Its hard to believe that I have found tears after all these years. But they are happy, happy that I am where I am with a man that has love for me that is so soft and gentle. Two men if you want to be exact..

smoke one for me..

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you left those moments, but even more so--glad that you've found the ones you have now and that you cherish them. Lunch sometime soon?? Danna the bug, bug, bug...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home