Friday, January 06, 2006

9 daze

9 dayz..

thats all that's left between me and that 26.2.

I believe that I am ready, mentally, physically, and emotionally.

My last long run was on Tues, consisting of 10 miles in 1 hr. 30 minutes. I ran easy till the last mile..where I pushed it out and RAN. In the past couple of months I have run long up to 19 miles. I have read and was told that if you are training for a marathon, it is reccomended to run for either 20 miles or 3 1/2 hrs..neither exceeding that 3 1/2 hour limit.

Running that first 19 miler was hard, but a good gauge of where my weaknesses are and what needs to done to smooth out next Sunday. I know now that I need to wrap my left knee and really stretch it out before, during and after the race. I feel that knee when I reach that 10 mile marker...old age? strain? i dunno..I just know that it hurts and makes me run like C3PO. I know that at mile 19 I'm mentally good, and my lungs are clear and free, but also that my knee is gonna be taking a beating.

Everyday, I mentally go through the route, my strategy, my pacing, readjusting my playlist, and reaffirmation.

I cannot believe that this big day will be here next weekend. I am so thankful that my family is going to be along the route to cheer me on and give me gifts of gatorade, goo, and encouragement.

This next week I will be taking it easy, running maybe only 3 or 4 times with no longer than 45 minutes. I want to be well rested, well hydrated, and carb loaded.

Pray for me yo..

see ya at the finish line..

2 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, Blogger psbowe said...

So is this your 1st marathon? Wish you the best of luck and enjoy your tapering!
I'll completely understand when you're at the 1/2 way mark and muttering something like "you damn half-assers, you're big losers!"

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about my last week of training too. I'm thinking I will do mostly elliptical and bike riding so I don't aggravate my right ankle too much.

I thought about you yesterday when I was running. If my 10 mile run yesterday meant I only had 3 more miles to go, I thought about how it must feel like to know that you have another 16 miles to go. So I let go of my tiredness and kept running.

Are you doing the marathon with anyone else? Good luck in this last stretch! :)

You have to tell me how crazy it gets at the starting line with all those people. I don't know how early I should be there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home