Monday, January 09, 2006

hoo'oo

Tonite I was at the hospital, PIMC to be exact. I guess I take it for granted that that is "THE"hospital for Native peepz.

Anywho..unexpectedly my Grandmomma was the reason for the visit. She is ok, but still in the hospital. I was in agony waiting for Dallas to get home so I could leave Victorio with him to shoot off to be with her.

Mi madre and I had been exchanging calls since early afternoon, waiting for results, news..etc.

My Grandmother is so beautiful..but so stubborn! As a woman of her age, she is set in her ways, and one of her ways is to keep to herself when she is not feeling well..oh that ladee!!!

Seeing her so frail and so tiny in that big white bed made my eyes sting a bit.

I always say that she has the most beautiful smile..so big and REAL! Ya know that kind that comes from pure joy.

I still remember her from when I was a lil dre...playing the piano for me and listening to me bang out my made up songs for her, washing my dirty black feet after playing outside on the hot asphalt, tugging my hair so hard to braid that I had to hold my eyes so that I did not look anymore Asian than I already did..,

She always remember things I said from when I was a babee..always telling me how full of spirt and mischief I was. Feisty I believe was and still is her word.

I love that I can make her laugh and use her hands to cover her "too big" in her opinion smile. That she touches my hands when she talks to me when she forgets herself. I love that my babeeboy has his hoo'oo (great grandmother) to touch him and feel those hands that I felt...

I want to not thing about the future right now...its a little too close.

reality sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home