Monday, January 23, 2006

Gadget whore

I'm totally jamming to "Buffalo Stance" by Neneh Cherry. She was so my hero in 9th grade.

I just realized that Im becoming somewhat of a gadget whore. You should see the interior of my ride. I have outlet plugs galore running amuck through the pieces of cookie, strewn papers, and Thomas the Train dvd covers. There is the Sirius radio receiver (the gift of Howard Stern that just keeps giving), the Dvd mini-player purchased for my spoiled Son by his spoiling Popppa, the mini Ipod receiver on which to charge and play my ipod while driving, and my Verizon V-celly car charger.

I love my new V cely, so so much.lol. I can text away with its kick ass keyboard, and take video and pix of my son-boi, as well as play Galaga and Tetris to my nerdy hearts content. I also have the kick ass tones of Outkast's "So Fresh So Clean", Audioslave's "I Am the Highway", Lisa LIsa and Cult Jam's "I Wonder If I Take You Home", Jay'z "99 Problems" as well as his "Big Pimpin."

All I do when I drive is jam to Howard 101 or 100 to hear play after hilarious play of his show. I honestly only wanted Sirius just to keep listening to his show, but the programming on the other stations is on point! Where else can I preset my 80's station, with the Hits, Backspin (Ol SKool Rap), Hair Bands, the Beat (Dance), Strobe (borderline Freestyle), the Pulse (90's and today), Hardcore, Alternative Nation, Hip-Hop Nation, and Prime Country?

My mini Ipod was bought with the thought that it would take over my hand held CD Player on my runs...a purchase that has paid over many many times. I love my mini..in its little silver case, that gets a bit stodgy with the amount of sweat it has had to bear on its pretty little click wheel. All my favorite jams fit ...and I can take my entire cd collection on its little silver head. "SIGH"

And now..D-man and I have purchased a new T.V. that I cannot keep from watching late into the nite while lil Man is asleep. Sex and the City has never looked so good.

We have also caved into finally purchasing a flat screen for out computer. Black and flat...sigh..perfection in a 19" screen.

I love that our hard word afforded us the luxery of this "things." Yes I could live without them, but I've lived with denying myself for so long..I want to indulge and luxuriate in our blessings. No worrries, we give as good as we get...

Whats life if not to appreciate the nice things once in a while. ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home