Monday, January 23, 2006

9 mos. yo

I was watching this show on MTV...called "Here and Back." Its about this doot from O-Town who hit bottom and is now struggling to come back into the limelight...but he's not the important one. I was totally feeling his girlfriend who was like 9 mos. pregnant and who oh so brought back pregnant memories..or is that mammories..harhar.

Anywho..She was having this total breakdown cause she is so pregnant she just wants it to be over, and I'm like "I so feel you Ladee." She was going off on her man (aka. Ashley Parker Angel) that his life hadn't changed as much as her's had, he didnt' understand what she felt like, she couldn't do anything, and her body and life were so totally not hers anymore. All I could think of was "AMEN SISTA." And this whole time she is crying her pretty lil blue eyes out, and has this enormous stomach protruding from the top of her Juicy Couture track pants.

Aww, the memories this episode brought back. Being pregnant is no picnic. I can't speak for anyone else..but let me tell you, Men have it too too easy. For realz. I freaking gained 45 lbs. yo!!! You can't find clothes that fit you right, your skin becomes a war zone, you have an appetite for destruction, you can't breathe, you can't bend over, you can't sleep right...and you can't RUN!!!

Speaking for myself, the first few months were bliss. Yea yea...i had some queasiness in my stomach, but no spewing. My clothes got a bit tight...but not too much, and I actually had reason to eat whatever the hellz i wanted. But by month 9 yo..you just want your body back. The experience truly enlightened me to what our bigger brothers and sisters have to go through..how just breathing is a chore. Now f course, I loved feeling my Son poking me in the digestive tract..and dont' get me wrong..I loved him from the first time I saw that blue line.

Its just seeing that show so made me empathize with the poor girl. Anyone else who hadn't had a baby would probably be saying that that girl was just being a brat, she should be glad she can have a child, blah blah blah..and a whole lot of stuff that a person who hasn't had a child and actually gone through a pregnancy would say. But if you go from being a relatively fit and active woman, to a woman who carries 30 or so lbs. in your abs and lose your ability to see your feet, then yes you have the right to freak a bit. It is yet another case of ...Don't judge until you can't see your feet anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home