Monday, November 06, 2006

PR that ass.

Saturday I ran the NARD 5k and I totally kicked my old time and pounded it into the ground!

I ran it in at 25:.02! 7:46 min./miles!

I received second place in the 21-30 category and got a groovy medal. Nice. The girl who took first place is the same ladee who I beat the at the last 5k.

Before we took off, I was debating whether or not to run the 5k as I was leaning toward the 2 miler. I had wanted to take it slow and easy as I would be running the S.Mtn. 1/2 marathon the next day, and I didn't want to burn myself out by going all out. My brother man talked me into running the 5k with the reasoning it was just another mile. Hmm. He sold me and at the 5k start, we were off.

I checked our pace as we began and it was at 7:45! I kept it back and let the peeps pass me as I wanted to maintain my steady pace of 8:10. Sides, I didn't think everyone was going to maintain that quick a pace.

I slowly started to pass peeps as they dropped back, maintaining my pace. At the turnaround at mile 1.6, hella peeps began to stop.

In my sights, I had Ms. Ladee who always, I mean always kicks my ass at these races and whom I have never beaten in my whole entire life. She was in my vision and it seemed that I was gaining on her. I kept it cool and stepped it up a notch, and I slowly started to gain on her with a quickness. In the beginning of the race, she was way ahead of me, so catching up to her was a major feat. The last 1/2 mile, I was right behind her, the last 300 yards had us neck and neck for the finish. The last 100 yards I kicked it in and passed her, beating her by like 10 seconds. YES! Afterward, she congradulated me and then told me that she hadn't been running like she used to and she didnt kick it all in this race. UM, yeah.

I just smiled and said, "Oh?". But we both knew who won. Heh.

So for my 5k, I beat a long-time running rival and hit my 5k pr. NICE.

As for my 1/2 Marathon, I do not have time to give a full racing report, but here is my finishing time, unoffically, as there were no timing chips so I had to go by my own time and that of the finishing clock:

2:05:45.

I rock.

Ill give the breakdown a little later as my Nike+ is a little hard to figure out as I had kept it running after I had finished.

What a running weekend.

Not my hoped for time but hey, more incentive to kick some ass in Vegas.

Im still proud of my run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home