Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween & Grandson excuses..

Well I did not run for the past few days.

1) Monday I was tired and didn't do shiz, even though according to my Higdon agenda, it was supposed to be a cross-training day.
2) Tuesday was Halloween and I had no time to fit in a run as I woke up late in the morning (messing up my plan to run then), and after work I was occupied with my Son and taking him out to trick or treat on the rez. THEN, I had retardedly agreed to babysit my grandson ( yes, my grandson. My neice's son, which technically and traditionally, he is my grandson. ), that nite so I was happily sleep-deprived with two boys under the age of three.

This morning I was up with waaay before the sun entertaining my lil grandson of love and smelling his formula-producing poopoo. MAN, I never knew a lil guy could smell that bad, for realz. Son smelled of course, but he was fed the natural way so according to my D-man, lil guys who drink formula produce that kind of big Man smell. I guess.

He was so cute, waking up my Lil Man and watching them run after each other while I tried to get us ready to go to work. Let's just say this morning I was a little late.

Trick or treating with lil Man was such fun, but man was I tired! He went as Superman complete with fake muscles and rippling 6-pack abs..lol. He is such a handsome lil guy. I don't know how many times I have peeps telling me he is going to be a football player and all-around heartbreaker. heh...in addition to momma's with lil girls around his age already "claiming" him for their daughter...heh. Real ndn style.

Anywho, I finally ran after work. WHew.

Mon: Rest.
Tues; Halloween.
Weds: 7.02 miles in 57:14. 8:09 minute miles.

I was supposed to run 4 miles on Tuesday according to Hal, but I didn't. So I plan to run 8 miles tomorrow, 7 on Friday and take Saturday off.

I am so veering from the plan for this week. But hey, Im a working mom to a 2 1/2 year old on Halloween week. Bite me.

I was supposed to run 4 on Tuesday, 7 on Weds., 4 on Thurs, rest on Fri., 7 on Sat., and 15 on Sunday.

My modulated plan goes like this:

Mon: Off
Tues: Off
Weds: 7 (on schedule)
Thurs: 8 (making up for Tues.)
Fri: 7 (making up for Saturday as I want to rest the day before my Halfer)
Sat: REST (but possible 5k or even 2 miler for the NARD run that morning EVEN THOUGH I SHOULD BE RESTING IF I WANT TO PR FOR the 13.1 the next day)
Sun: 13.1 in the morning. Run the additional 1.99 after the race or later that day.

Sound good to you?

Peace out yo..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home